Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Brown can be pretty

owww... I sat down to write this but then I thought something was wrong so I went down stairs to check from a different computer. (The font I'm using looks different in Ubuntu than it looks in Windows) I am apparently not licensed to use stairs because I managed to fall down them stubbing two toes. Anyways: After the Fourth I no longer had to crawl into the dusty trailer so since I haven't said it yet: HALELUJAH IT'S OVER! Now why I didn't write this on the 4th I don't know and why I didn't write it the next day will become apparent. Sadly I did not get to light fireworks this year :( the county banned them. But on the fifth we left for that place full of smoke and lacking internet connectivity: My Dad's parent's house. Thankfully I was allowed to hole up in their trailer and avoid both having to be social and the smoke. Anyways I'm back. Now I'm not sure I can call all of this a digression because I never got on topic in the first place but away with the off-topic-ness: Brown can be pretty! Especially if it's the brown on the Ubuntu desktop :) A very pretty picture indeed. Today I have started an attempt to leave the darkside. (for the nongeeks reading: I'm considering using an operating system called ubuntu which is a type of linux instead of windows) Even as I blog the pretty brownness is behind this very window. I can only hope that Ubuntu can hold up to my not so rigorous standards of gaming.

Good hunting to all those whose
escapism has lead them to Guild Wars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Light Brown world of Ubuntu. With wine you can get quite a few (simpler) Windows games working--like Starcraft and 4th Grade Adventures.