Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wow, Life is wierd

I'm sure I came on here to write about something but now that I've actually gotten around to writing I've no idea what I originally came to write about. George Orwell was a very odd author or at least his book, 1984, was a very strange book. It is apparently a classic example of "negative utopia." For those of you who've no idea what that is it's the perfect world gone bad. A few recent examples in the movies were Minority Report, I Robot, Island (at least i think that's what it was called, the one with Ewan Macgregor), and AeonFlux. 1984 however has a particularly unique perspective I've never seen in this kind of story. I recomend it if you have the time to simply set everything else aside and read it because it will challenge your brain to some heavy thinking (or at least it did mine).

No comments: